Erin left for her mission to Wisconsin on the morning of April 30, where she would spend 2 weeks in Utah at the Missionary Training Center.
We took her to the Lehigh Valley Airport at about 4:45 a.m. Tears were shed, words of encouragement were spoken; but she was excited to go.
![]() |
| Last family portrait for 18 months. |
After nearly a week we received the letter below. We also talked to her on the phone on Monday, May 13, when she was at the Salt Lake Airport getting ready to fly to Wisconsin with her district of 25 including 15 sister missionaries!
Hi!!
My first week has been awesome! The MTC is hardwork but so fun! I love my comp. I'm in the MTC and the days are long and demanding. I don't even have time to think about anything but learning how to invite others to Christ. I'm learning so much and the spirit comes in such great power here. When you think about it, everyone here is worthy. Well I hope they are!!
This church is so true. I see it more everyday. It amazes me. This message I'm set apart to share will change lives for eternity. It is such a privilege to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ.
The third day of the MTC I was really struggling. I felt so inadequate. That night after pleading with the Lord to help me to feel His love and help me to rely on Him fully, an overwhelming feeling of my Heavenly Father's love came over me. It was amazing. And then I had the distinct impression that me struggling, is helping me rely on Him and making me grow as an individual.
I knew then that my Savior would be beside me every step of the way to help me on this journey! What a comfort! The fact that this glorious being would be willing to help me. There is so much peace that comes with this Gospel. I can't wait to share it with the people of Wisconsin! Thank you for the birthday package!!! It was wonderful!! I loved it! I think everyone in the MTC sang happy birthday to me hahaha. My comp told everyone it was my birthday and made me put that birthday thing on the back of my chair everywhere I went haha. It was fun:). I love my district and all the people here. Everyone is so kind.
I'm trying to forget myself these 18 months but I'm still a work in progress. Thats for sure. But with the Lord on my side, anything is possible! These 18 months are the Lord's not mine and I intend to keep it that way.
Thank you so much for all your support. I love you all so much! Give everyone my love. I am so grateful for such an amazing family in my life. I miss you all but I am exactly where I need to be.
Love,
Sister Zebley



No comments:
Post a Comment